Monday, January 7, 2013

Another subject: Fitness!

I've meant to blog about this already quite some time now and never got around to it... Somehow I always end up thinking and talking about food! LOL
Well, my other passion is fitness, particularly fitness DVDs that I can do at home! It's my 'me time', when the kids are in school, the Hubby is at work, I had my 2nd cup of coffee in peace and some breakfast and I'm ready to go, right here in my own 4 walls in the living room! (Once we own a house I'm hoping to have a nice corner in the den or something where I'm completely by myself, but for now I have to make due with what I have and that's the living room! ) Not only do I love the privacy and convenience but also the fact that I don't depend on other people! No instructor cancelling etc. It's just me popping in a DVD and if it happens that I'm not in the mood for that chosen workout, guess what, DVD out, another one in, done! ;-)
Another big fact that I love about working out at home is that I can be a role model for my kids! Many times when I'm busy and have no time for a full 45 min or 60 min workout, I squeeze in shorter ones! Even 10 or 15 minutes are better than doing nothing at all! And many times I have some more time later on again where I can do another 10 or 15 or even 20 minutes.. You get the picture! ;)

I've been using DVDs now as my main fitness routine now for almost 12 years, having tried tons of different things, finding what I love and what I don't. (It saved my sanity and helped me getting quicker back in shape after both of my kids were born! Back then I would have had no opportunity to go to the gym!)

I'm a big believer in doing what you enjoy when it comes to fitness! If you struggle through a workout every time, chances are, sooner or later you're going to quit! Workouts that you love will get done, and that's all that matters in the end!

So for me, I've realized I enjoy simple, low impact cardio most of the time (walking with Leslie Sansone for example), sometimes mixed up with some short kickboxing, Turbo Jam, FIRM workout, Denise Austin, Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels, Jackie Warner.. But overall it's Leslie I pick for my daily 1-2 mile walks and then I add on other workouts like strength, yoga, pilates or lately again more barre (think ballet).
Because I love variety, my DVD collection is quite big (there are actually a lot of people like me, lovingly called 'vidiots' by ourselves -many of them having 10x more the amount of DVDs than I do! ;) ) but I've also lately been using videos that are being shared on YouTube! Some are amazing finds!!!

So, in case any of you 're curious, here's my channel on YouTube with lots of different playlists! :) 

And in case you're interested to find out more about fitness DVDs and all, come on over and join us at Video Fitness . It's a friendly forum of people who're all enjoying working out at home (or sometimes do both, go to the gym, attend classes as well as use some DVDs) and seriously so many of them are the most kind and generous people I've ever met in my life!!!
Without having ever met IRL, some have become truly important and wonderful friends to me!!! [You know, who you are out there! :* xox]
But beware! Reading on that board can become quite addictive and not always good for your wallet! Just sayin'... Don't say I didn't warn you! LOL 
[I'm more of a 'veteran' by now and not immediately tempted by every single thread, making me want ALL those kinds of different workouts.. I've calmed down to the point where it's now only the genre that I'm mostly into these days that causes me to have thoughts of wanting this or that DVD.. ;-) Since I have no other 'obsessions' with purses, shoes, makeup or whatever -not counting my vegan cookbooks *cough cough*- I think it's absolutely fine if I 'indulge' here and there with a 10$ DVD! :D


So, there you have it, finally a post about fitness, which goes hand in hand with healthy eating IMO! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment