Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cornbread or corn muffins


Here we go, another carb-orientated blog post! :p
Since I've never posted the recipe I use for my corn bread (or muffins), I figured I should post it finally! ;)

I use the Quaker Easy Corn Bread recipe as a base and just tweaked it a bit. :)

~* Veganized Quaker Easy Cornbread/muffins *~

*3/4 c white flour
*1/2 c pancake mix [that's a trick of my MIL actually]
*3/4 c yellow corn meal
*1/4 c sugar
*2 tsp baking powder
*1/2 tsp salt
*1 c soy (or other plant) milk
*1/4 c coconut oil
*Ener-G egg replacer for 2 eggs (3 tsp Ener-G + 6 Tbsp water)

Pre-heat oven to 400 F and either slightly grease an 8x8 or 9x9 form *OR* if you want muffins, muffin tins (I get ~10 muffins out of the mix).
Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones, stir thoroughly and fill in the pan/tins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, done.



And just because I love this pic so much... 
Our Tommy slightly HDRed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment