Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bread & other sweets pics

While I'm on a roll here, I might as well share a few of my bread pics too now. :D


A typical German sourdough Ryebread


Something for the sweet tooth, a yeast braid..
Usually those don't survive too long in this house! *lol*


One of my first tries with sourdough, here all white bread.. I don't make it that often anymore hence to the low nutritional value.. but it sure is nice for sandwiches! ;)


And last not least an amazing 'Mock Apple pie'
I helped my daughter finding an original recipe from the pioneer days for her school project last spring and we came across this one!
Amazingly it really does taste like apple pie -and is relatively healthy too!

Mock Apple Pie

Boil in a pan:
1 1/3 c sugar
1 1/2 c apple juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp butter (I used coconut oil)
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Line your pie plate with pastry. (I only had Graham crackers so I crumbled those up) 
Break 14 Soda/saltine crackers into the plate and pour the boiled mixture over them.
Cover with top crust (didn't do that) and bake at 350 F (180 C) for ~40 min.



No comments:

Post a Comment