Sunday, June 3, 2012

Coconut Bread

On the weekends I usually bake something and after not having done so for quite a while due to our vacation, I really felt the urge to bake! ;)
I've received 3 German vegan cook books as a gift from my mom; one of them containing many easy & quick recipes, among them also a recipe for a coconut cake/bread!

Already while baking it smelled heavenly and the taste was just as divine!!
(Hubby claims it might be the best cake in 'bread' style I've ever made! Wow!)


The recipe is really easy and mixed together quick!

Coconut Loaf/bread

300 g flour
150 g sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla 
6 Tbsp shredded coconut
300 ml coconut milk

*Mix all dry ingredients together, then add the coconut milk
*Pour everything into a greased bread loaf pan and bake at 350 F (180 C) for ~45 minutes until golden brown.
*Let it cool on wire rack before cutting

Voila!


Sooo yummy!!!

Edit: Since I've used the European metric system for this recipe, here's a site you can quickly convert everything: Onlineconversion

6 comments:

  1. I love this recipe, Val! I am definitely going to try this!! Nice compliment from your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Christine! :)
    Let me know how you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this today, it's delicious!! I'm not sure if I got the conversions right, but it was still good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man, Christine, I'm so sorry about the conversions! I totally forgot that I meant to at least provide a link for them! *duh*
    I'm glad it still came out ok! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Cassie! :)
    It's a really quick cake to throw together! ;)

    ReplyDelete