Sunday, April 28, 2013

What to do with leftover Quinoa?


The answer is simple: You can pretty much do anything you want with it! :)
I've eaten it as a warm cereal/porridge mixed with some yummy plant milk and some fruit as well as made veggie patties with it. 
Today however I wanted to see if I could make waffles with it as well, considering that my new Belgian waffle maker was still sitting untouched in my cupboard and just screaming at me to be pulled out and used!

One search on Google brought me to this Quinoa Waffle recipe which I simply veganized and added a few extra little things (like a splash of vanilla and 2 tsp of baking powder). For the egg I used Ener-G egg replacer and vanilla soy milk.

I wasn't sure what to expect... But I'm happy to say it turned out amazing!
Thick & delicious waffles that will keep me full until lunch! ;)

 Dressed up with thawed blueberries and coconut milk

 Just for you to see how they look 'naked' without any syrup etc. ;)

Do you have any other great recipes with cooked Quinoa? Please share if you do!!!




2 comments: