Wednesday, September 11, 2013

An Eggplant Lentil dish & another bread machine bread

Speaking of great websites, I should have mentioned Susan Voisin's Fat Free Vegan in my previous post!!! Not only does she have the most beautiful food pics out there but her recipes are always a success and sooo delicious!!!
She has a great recipe index too!

Since I had an eggplant in my fridge that needed to be used but not having a recipe from one of my (*cough*, many) books ready to pull out (i.e. not planned :o ), I googled and Susan's Skillet-eggplant-and-lentils-with-almond-parmesan
came up! It was super yummy!

Because I had some carrots on hand, I threw them in as well, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. (The only thing I didn't do, was make the almond 'parmesan' as I was short on time and my family members were complaining of being already! LOL)

~*~*~*~

Now to the bread machine recipe, this one was really easy (aren't they all!?).
I tweaked the recipe for the Super Rapid version (1.5 lbs, ready in ~ 2 hrs)
by using as follows:

~* Wholesome quick bread*~ 
1.5 loaf size

*3/4 c warm water
*1 egg replacer (I used 1 Tbsp flax, 3 Tbsp water instead of Ener-G)
*2 Tbsp vegan butter
*1 c bread flour
*1.5 whole wheat flour
*1/4 c buckwheat flour
*3 Tbsp sugar (will reduce next time to 2 Tbsp)
*1.5 tsp salt
*2 tsp bread machine yeast (or use 2.5 tsp active dry)

Set the cycle on your machine and make sure the flour is all mixed well (I sometimes use a soft plastic spatula in the first mixing cycle to scrape the edges to make sure and add more flour if the dough is too sticky) and do something else in those ~2 hours that the bread is baking.
Once it's done, put on a rack and let it cool down (it's better to cut that way vs. when it's still hot).

Note: If you're not in the mood for a wholesome bread (my kids still don't like 'brown' breads too much LOL), you can simply use the entire amount of bread flour and have a nice soft sandwich style bread! ;)


I had it for lunch today with some baked tofu, lettuce, tomato and some avocado as well as a sice with some coconut oil and jam for breakfast! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment