Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The *best* Tomato Soup! Seriously!

Ok, I'll admit, of course everybody's got a different taste... but I have to say, for me personally the best (or worst?) critic besides Hubby is my picky son! If he eats something, I know I passed the test! *lol*
And this soup mastered it with flying colors! While it's so simple, I'm almost ashamed of even writing anything as a 'recipe'!

All you need is the following:

*1 big can (28 oz?) of diced tomatoes
*2-3 c veggie broth (or water -I prefer broth)
*1 onion, diced + 1-2 tsp minced garlic
*1 Tbsp coconut oil (olive oil will give this an entire different taste!)
*1/2- 1 Tbsp sugar or agave syrup
*1 Tbsp tomato paste
*Salt, pepper, oregano, other Italian spices

Now you simply sautee the onion & minced ginger in the coconut oil until the onions are nice and tender,
add the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer! 
Done!!! 

See how easy that was!?! =)

Of course the grilled 'cheez' sandwich is a must with that soup, for which I used a recipe from Vegan Vittles.
Since I'm not sure I can post her recipe without permission, you'll simply have to Google something yourself. There are tons of 'melty cheez' recipes out there!
One good source is VegWeb ;)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! =)
      I hope you'll like the taste too!

      Delete
  2. I haven't had homemade tomato soup for so long. Grilled cheese/cheez sandwiches either. Glad to see you around here.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marion,
      yes, I'm back! ;-) I might not post long recipes & food pics daily, but I'll do my best! :)

      Let me know if you make & enjoy the soup!

      Delete