Monday, March 26, 2012

Random pics #2, Food


Pretty much self-explanatory ;-)

I absolutely *love* Lauren's (Vegan Yum Yum ) marinaded tofu recipe!

A typical lunch for me; some kind of spread (here 'Mock Tuna') on one of my own breads, some pickled artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes. (I didn't take pics of  the fruit that I usually eat afterwards as a dessert! ;) )

A vegan decadent chocolate cake I made for my Hubby  

Clearly an older pic, Christmas cookies...

...as well as Valentine's Day cookies =)

And a very recent one; last night's dinner. The infamous Chickpea cutlets (Isa's recipe in her Veganomicon) with mustard sauce. [The sauce looks a bit gooey here in the pic, it wasn't heated up enough when I took the pic...]

6 comments:

  1. You take such beautiful pictures! Your chickpea cutlet dinner looks so yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you, Christine! I have so much fun in taking the pics (though they're by far not as professional looking as some other blogs out there!!!). I think Hubby has slowly enough [again] though when I say "Wait, let me take a picture first!" before we actually sit down and eat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the chickpea cutlets look extremely good. I want to make more bean patty recipes. They are so comforting. I wonder if extras would freeze well.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marion,
    I love them! They're hearty and fulfill my craving to sink my teeth into something ;)
    As to freezing, so far I haven't had luck with cutlets that are already baked or fried. (Baking makes them even more chewier). It might work better when the cutlets aren't cooked yet.. I'll have to try it out. Until now I never really end up having many leftovers to freeze! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny, I've seen several different photos of the Chickpea Cutlets and everyone's look slightly different than mine. I wonder if they all taste the same? Do you fry yours or bake them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee,
    I bake mine, but have to admit, I find it makes them *very* chewy! (Almost impossible to cut with a normal knife!) But it could also be that I just let them in the oven for a tad too long..
    Christine told me about using mashed potatoes in place of the gluten, I can't wait to try this! Hopefully it would make it more 'veggie burger' like. I know, not the same but the taste should be pretty much the same! ;)

    ReplyDelete