Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Soups and more comfort food!

I might have mentioned before already that I'm a huge soup lover! Especially when it's getting cooler outside (well, here not so much yet *sigh*.. but hopefully soon!!!) it's just cozy to have a nice warming soup for dinner or for lunch! 
Have a slice of home made bread or roll on the side and a green salad and you've got a great meal going on!

Regardless of the not-so-cold-yet temperatures, I've been cooking a few more soups again these past days and am just going to share some pics with you! (I'm sure you all know recipes to those kinds of soups.. and if not, google it and you'll get tons of hits! ;) )

Inspired by Isa's AFR recipe (Susan over at FatFreeVegan has a great recipe too I use often: Curried Split Pea Soup )

Also inspired by Isa's AFR recipe.. though I will have to admit, personally I learned that including ACV (apple cider vinegar) is *not* my or my family's taste!!!..
The recipe called for 2 cups (!) of it, I only used ~1/4 c and that was already too much for our liking.. I'll omit the ACV from now on again!..

This is what our version of 'deluxe' salad looks like, which we had for lunch the other day when Hubby had off work. With a slice of bread it was seriously delicious and so filling!

Love, love, love (!) Lemon-Tahini dressing on my salads!!!


 Honestly, I cannot remember on which blog I've found the recipe (I'll have to dig through my tons of printed papers again!) but after having been on the pumpkin kick lately again, I had some leftover in the fridge, as well as some Silken soft tofu, so that recipe inspired me to mix it all up into a healthy, lower cal version of so many vegan 'Alfredo' sauces. Poured over leftover Spaghetti for lunch, it was perfect! (And I was ready for a nap afterwards! *lol*)


This cool looking purple cauliflower sadly didn't hold up too well after cooking as it was already on the limp side when Hubby came home from the market with it  (I used it in a stir fry) but I still wanted to share the pic as I just love the color! ;)

Next post will be about bread again; including the promised recipe for the sourdough dinner rolls! =)

2 comments:

  1. I have a pumpkin alfredo recipe printed out too! I feel like maybe it came from Vegan Dad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue! I think I came across it through Pinterest... It was some mom's blog, I think as I remember it came with a cute coloring page option for kids..
    I really need to write down the blog addy when I print stuff out!..

    ReplyDelete