Monday, September 16, 2013

Chickpea Casserole

I absolutely loooove casseroles when it's cold and windy outside! It's just great comfort food!
So when I came across several of Isa's Mac 'n Cheeze variations as well as this post, I had to make it work with whatever I had! (Which was pasta, plently of chickpeas -after a great find of a 7 lbs bag of dried ones in an Indian food store closeby! *yay*, I cooked several batches-, cashew nuts and home made bread crumbs.)  We're not GF so I didn't strictly follow the recipe but still liked the outcome!
I threw some roasted cauliflower as well as broccoli in the mix intead of peas, sprinkled some nooch on as well as some hot sauce, done! :D


Hubby didn't enjoy it too much, unfortunately.. but ok, more for me! :p
I froze the majority in portions so I'll always have a quick, comforting lunch!
[I realize this pic probably doesn't look as appetizing as it tasted! lol]

Tonight will be some yummy soup and fresh bread! I love the fall and crispy weather!!! =)


7 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Definitely need to try it!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were yummy indeed! ;)
      Let me know what you think once you've made it!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, this looks so good! I love comfort food, who doesn't? Now, if only Mother Nature would send some Autum-ish weather my way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =)
      I'll send you some blustery autumn-y temps from PA! ;)

      Delete
  3. That looks super creamy and yummy, you're husband is a crazy man for not liking that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thanks! My husband is very 'traditional' when it comes to certain food and doesn't like to be too adventurous! :p
      At this point I'm thankful though that he *does* eat what I cook! ;) I've learned not to take it personal when he doesn't like some (few) dishes. ;)

      Delete
  4. Casseroles never photograph well, but pretty much always taste amazing. I love casseroles - the ease of just throwing whatever you have into a big pan and baking it is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete