Thursday, September 15, 2011

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies

...or I should probably rather say PB balls. ;p



I found this recipe on http://www.chooseveg.com 
and had to give it an immediate try!

Honestly, I thought they'd flatten out on in the oven but apparently not..
Don't get me wrong, they're nice (for someone who loves PB it's not a hard statement to make *g*) but I feel I have to improve this recipe somehow..

If you try them and come up with better versions, please share them with me!

~*~*~*~

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies


1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
3/4 cups sugar (I only used 1/2 c)
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, roll the dough into 2-inch balls, place on a cookie sheet, and bake at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes. 

2 comments:

  1. When I have made peanut butter cookies in the past (pre-vegan days) ... we always flattened them before putting them in the oven by pressing them with a fork first one way, then the other, so that basically there was like a cross pattern on each cookie. This is how we've always done it, ever since I was a little kid. I think that's pretty standard for peanut butter cookies because even now ... if I buy a peanut butter cookie at a sandwich shop or whatever ... they always have that cross mark on top. Maybe you can try that next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input, sfvacationhut! You're right, I guess I should have flattened them beforehand, huh? Shows I'm not very familiar with PB cookies! *blush* It's not common (at all?) in Germany, so growing up I never came across and later I always tried to stay away from 'too fattening' cookies.. Silly me! LOL

    ReplyDelete