Monday, October 24, 2011

Skinny Pumpkin Oatmeal Squares

After having tried Lee's Pumpkin Peanut butter Oatmeal Squares almost as soon as she posted the recipe, I had it in my mind to play with the recipe a bit. I absolutely love them!!
But I admit, I wanted to cut the calories & fat per square down a bit as 1 is never enough for me (what a glutton I am, I know! *lol*) but 2 would be too much with almost 500 calories! 
Yes, I know, if I'd keep it to just 1 square it would be fine as a snack or quick breakfast on the go.. But I wanted to alter it a bit none the less, for those days where I want to eat 2 and don't have to feel guilty! ;) so here it goes:



~* Skinny Pumpkin Oatmeal Squares *~ 
Makes 12 smaller squares

   Ingredients:
*1 c pumpkin puree
*1 c almond milk (or any other plant milk)
*2 c oats 
*1 Tbsp coconut oil 
*1/2 c sugar (brown)
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
*1/2 c dark chocolate chips [optional]

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)
Line a 8x8 [or 9x9] square cake pan with wax paper and spray with oil.
Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl until everything is mixed well.
Pour into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. 
Let it cool before slicing it.

Nutritional info
per square (1 out of 12)104 calories, 2.4 g fat, 1.2 sat fat, 23 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 13 g sugar, 2 g protein

If only cutting it into 9 squares: 139 calories, 3.3 g fat, 
1.6 sat fat, 30 g carbs, 2.7 g fiber, 17 g sugar, 2.6 g protein
~*~*~

 Guten Appetit! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment